Cambria County Community Engagment
Cambria County Community Engagement
Community Engagement Groups (CEG’s) work all across Pennsylvania to build community support networks for those organizations and individuals with a vested interest in quality early childhood education. Community Engagement groups bring together parents and grandparents; school districts; early childhood programs such as child care, preschool and Head Start; and other interested organizations.
The goals of CEG for the 2009-2010 fiscal year are:
- To develop and maintain a community outreach plan to educate around the importance of quality early care and education; to foster relationships with parents, government, schools and the early learning community; and to garner understanding of and support for programs such as Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children, Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts, Child Care Works and Keystone STARS.
- To be the county point-of-contact for Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children materials.
- To facilitate linkages between early learning practitioners, school districts and other vested parties for the purpose of developing a community plan supporting successful kindergarten transitions for all children.
- To create and distribute a Report Card to the Community outlining the work of Community Engagement in the local community.
- To leverage resources and support for our goals.
- To work together with the Regional Key to implement the Regional Plan.
The CEG meets monthly – the second Friday of the month, at 9am. Currently, meetings are being held at the Greater Johnstown Career and Technology Center on Schoolhouse Road. Several months of the year, the meetings are held in conjunction with the Local Interagency Coordinating Council. Interested parties are welcomed, and encouraged to attend!
Are you on the list? Sign PA’s Promise for Children declaration and be on one of the most important lists in Pennsylvania!
Want a quick and easy way to show that you care about our young children’s early education and let our state leaders know they should care about it too?
Sign the PA’s Promise for Children declaration and make your voice heard.